BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
"to be a marine corps wife you have to be crazy, but in love, fearful, but strong, able and willing"

20 October 2010

A little about myself

Well as you can all see my name is Jackie. I am 23, a daughter, sister, wife, and mother. My life has has it's ups and downs as most peoples lives do. I must say that I never thought I would end up being a Marine Wife, or even a mom at this age in my life. I always wanted to go to college and have a career before I started this part of my life. Well that isn't the way things exactly worked out, and I must say that I am pretty content with the cards I have been dealt. 

Growing up I was always all over the place. My parents divorced when I was 3 and I never really remember either one of my parents being around. My Dad just wasn't there, and my Mom was getting her degree while she held down a full time job and raised me and my brother. I have always been pretty independent and when it came down to it I did whatever I wanted to. When I met my husband I was so caught up in partying and having fun. I didn't want a relationship and thought that we were having a "fling". Six years and two kids later I see how wrong I really was. I wouldn't change our life together for anything in the world. The last 3 years have been hard. Paco joined the Marine Corps and life as we knew it was over. If I hadn't had my BFF Ana to help me get through Basic, MCT, and MOS School I would have gone crazy.)

Moving to Camp Pendleton was hard. I made a few friends in the beginning, but none of them were the type of friend that I was looking for. Drama always followed them and I had too much going on with being pregnant, getting ready for my husband's deployment, deployment, moving back to Tx, giving birth while Paco was in Iraq, and moving back to California to deal with all the drama. To make a long story short I have maybe 2 good friends out here and that is enough for me.

0 comments: